Win XP message: c:\windows\system32\config\system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by MadMatty, Mar 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadMatty

MadMatty Registered Member

Hi,

after system restore with true image 8.0 my PC boots without any problem. If I start the system new, it shows allways "c:\windows\system32\config\system demaged"...

What is the problem, that the system only runs onceo_O Thanks for the support.

Cheers from Germany,
    MadMatty

2. Fly

Fly Registered Member

I happen to use Acronis version 8.

I've created and restored images many times.

I don't know what you mean by 'If I start the system new'.
    If you see that message after you restored an image, then the image is probably damaged. Did you create an image of the entire system (assuming you have one harddrive) ? You don't have a hidden partition or some other partition issue ? When you try to restore an image, do you boot from the Acronis rescue CD (or whatever it's called) ?

If you tried to restore this image only once, you can try again, or you could try to restore a different image.

Actually, there is a section for Acronis products in this forum :)

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

4. jonyjoe81

jonyjoe81 Registered Member

do a chkdsk c: /f from the command line. If you have a bartpe or windows xp installation cd that can get you a command line. That should fix any system file corruption.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.