Win Patrol Plus 10 beta.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by the Tester, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

2. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: If I am not mistaken. It has been out beta. I have been using it since early version. It is light and effective. Because it is not PLANTED in kernel, therefore, it is well liked by other security apps. Never had compatibility issues w/ other apps equipped w/ HIPS or IDS. It has its limitation, not as extensive as other HIPS such SSM and the like. Nice to have its company though.:-*

3. the Tester

Sorry, this is not the Plus version.
    It's the regular version.
    I think it's still in beta though.The posts at BillP Studios forum at Castle Cops has been active on this thread from Oct.1-Oct.17.
    Unless it just passed out of beta within the last few days.
    The download link is still active.

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,folks: The one I have is v.10.0.5.0 plus. It does not indicate it is a beta, whereas its web site does say it is beta testing. So I guess it is a beta then. So far so good, never has any problems. It is the one of few security apps that never gives me any sort of troubles. :)

5. the Tester

Hey Perman,

Where did you get the Plus version?
    Or do you have a Plus license?

I'm thinking about getting the Plus license.I see that the license is lifetime.
    Also 1 question...
    What do you think of R.I.D.?

6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Hi, The Tester, I have the lifetime lic. I think you can upgrade to PLUS thru program itself. In the past,up until couple days ago, I have tried out a good number of heavy-armored HIPS apps, none of those could provide me w/ a optimal balance of use easiness, product compatibility and effective protection. WinPatrol is the only one still been used by me until this day and very likely beyond. It is regarded as a National Guard type of defense. Light and effective, coupled w/ heavy weight of FW and AV could make your entire defense sys upto superior level. The lic. fee is very very economical, less than two Bic Mac combo meals. And is lifetime. Its R.I.D. covers start-up, IE helpers and Hidden files, very effective, and you need them daily, other features are scanned in the intervals(adjustable). Like I say earlier, I feel very comfortable w/ its presence.:-*

7. the Tester

Hi Perman.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and opinion on Win Patrol Plus!
    I appreciate it.:thumb:

8. Rickster100

Rickster100 Registered Member

Hello,

Ive been using WinPatrol for a few years now along with my other security apps. I heartily recommend this excellent little program! :cool: I use the Plus version but the freeware version is definately worth a look.

Richie

9. the Tester

I bought a license for the Plus version last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.