Win Mail Service

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by laurak, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laurak

laurak Registered Member

I have Webroot Spy Sweeper (recommended) and it keeps coming up with 2 start up alerts. One is from Ebates which will be taken care of and the other is win mail service. It's location is pghmcizs.exe and it's in start up folder HKLM:Run Services. I have no idea what it is and can't find it in the start up registry or anywhere else on my computer. Therefore, I can't remove it. Any suggestions?

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I just googled for the win mail service and didn't come up with anything that matches your item. Maybe someone else will read this that has knowledge of it.

bigc

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

4. laurak

laurak Registered Member

Thanks guys. Didn't work.

I ran another search thru my files and found this:
    Name: PGHMCIZS.EXE-12859D83.pf
    In Folder: C:\WINDOWS\Prefetch

I tried to open it but it wouldn't let me. Don't know if I should try to delete it or not. I couldn't find it on my startup list either. Maybe if I knew what everything is on the startup list, I would know more!

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You can delete the entire prefetch file. It will be created again as you use Windows. If that file shows up again, there is more to do.

You could try the Pest Patrol online scanner also.

http://www.pestscan.com/

Last edited: Oct 4, 2004
  6. laurak

laurak Registered Member

I deleted them and my Spy Sweeper alerted me that they were there still. As soon as I delete it from the Spy Sweeper, it's right back there again. I am running the PestScan now to see what that comes up with.
    Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.