Win 7 problem and question

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by bgoodman4, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Barry,

Don't do anything. Just install Rollback Rx and do lots of reboot. See if the Chkdsk problem starts again. If it does, then we know the culprit and the solution too.

2. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

I disabled AppGurad and its MBR protetcion and shut the PC down. I got a message that the OS was shutting the PC down to protect the Data (or something like that. I manually turned off the power and restarted the PC. Went to the menu of selecting boot into safe mode etc and I selected boot normally and it booted fine.

I am about to reinstall Rx and will let you know whats happening.

3. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Barry if you want to completely uninstall/remove RBRX go here and download it directly from EazSolutions.

Panagiotis

4. bgoodman4

I noticed that Shield was still in Programs so I deleted it. Then disabled MBR Guard and AppGuard and then rebooted the PC. It booted fine. I then installed Rx but am not able to activate it as it seems I have once again exceeded the allowable number of activations. Normally I would go to live chat to get the activation reset but they do not work on the weekend. I have now uninstalled Rx again.

I also have downloaded the app linked to by pandlouk and will run it. So far, except for the initial reboot after uninstalling Rx and the interrupted shut down noted above I have not had the auto shut down nor have I had any check disks run.

To me this feels like progress.

5. aladdin

Once you install the Rollback Rx again, most probably your chkdsk problems will start again.

If you want to try this on a different machine on which you have Rollback installed, we can give it a try.

Are you game?

Best regards,

6. bgoodman4

pandlouk, I tried to run the EAZ-FIX tool but it would not launch.

7. bgoodman4

Again tried to run MS Update and again the PC crashed. Will post the mini dump file once I get it.

8. aladdin

Right click and run it as Administrator.

9. pandlouk

You must run it as admin.(As Mohamed already replied).
    You won't see it working but it deletes the files and regkeys related to RBRX. After you run it reboot and you'll be RBRX free

Panagiotis

10. aladdin

Hi Panagiotis,

Do you have a virtual machine?

If you do, can you run an experiment?

Best regards,

Mohamed

11. pandlouk

hi Mohamed.

Yes. tell me what you want to test. :)

Panagiotis

12. aladdin

Install either O&O Disk Image or Jetico Best Crypt.
    Then install Rollback Rx. You must do it in this order.
    On every third or fourth reboot, your machine will run chkdsk automatically and will delete lots of orphaned files.

Try this and please let us know.

Best regards,

Mohamed

13. bgoodman4

I right clicked on the EAZ-FIX exe file and clicked on Run As Administrator and got the following message

I also tried checking the Properties and I have 3 entries under security. System, Barry 2013 (Barry2013-PC\Barry 2013) and Administrators (Barry2013-pC\Administrators).

All 3 have all check boxes except special permissions checked.

EDIT: I AM A DUMMY,,,,,I FORGOT TO TELL APPGUARD TO ALLOW EAZ-FIX TO RUN. I HAVE NOW RUN IT, I ASSUME, SUCCESSFULLY.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  14. bgoodman4

Here are the 2nd to latest mini dump files. I tried to connect to the Internet to upload these files rather than copy them back to my old PC as I have been doing and the system shut down again. No check disk ran on manual reboot.

Besides the txt files I am attaching a jpc showing the BSV main window. You can see that a number of the logs have different designations to them. The attached does not contain the last mini dump data (the one from the attempt to connect to the net) if you want to see it let me know.

Attached Files:

15. aladdin

You have run so many chkdsk and deleted so many files, therefore your OS is now crippled.

Best regards,

16. bgoodman4

After the check disks that deleted the orphan files I rolled back to a prior state using Rx so I have not deleted a lot of files I think.

Are you saying I should give up and either do a factory reset or get the new drive from the mfg with the clean OS install?

If this is what is recommended at this point I will do it without question.

I don't suppose I can do a reinstall over the OS. Seems to me I used to be able to do that on XP and earlier versions but that was a very long time ago.

BY the way, I am typing this on the new PC. I was able to connect to the net on it this time. I thought I would try to trigger another crash so I could run BSV again and see if the references to Rx were removed. Perhaps they were and this is why I am now able to connect to the net.

I will try again to do the MS update. It has never yet failed to cause a crash.

17. pandlouk

Done. Second reboot and... check the attached image.

Panagiotis

Attached Files:

18. aladdin

No, I am saying first find out the problem with chkdsk. What caused the chkdsk?

And, how to resolve the chkdsk?

Then, we will discuss your choices of what to do.

Best regards,

19. bgoodman4

Understood, but how do I do that? The check disk info flies by so fast I cannot see it.

Not sure if you saw the edit to my post above,,,,I am typing this on the new PC which was able to connect to the net this time without crashing. I am going to try an MS update. That has caused a crash every time I have tried it.

20. aladdin

Thank you Panagiotis,

Now, can you please post the UpperFilters in the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\
    Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Best regards,

21. aladdin

Install Rollback Rx and reboot several times. See if the chkdsk problem starts. Then we can discuss your choices.

I believe your problem is Rollback Rx, but there is a solution for it, if you are still so determined to use Rollback Rx.

See above post #42 of Pandlouk.

Best regards,

22. pandlouk

First perform a factory reset.
    Your last mini dump report says:
    Bug Check String : NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
    Bug Check Code : 0x00000024

Either RBRX has crippled your file table (very probable) or you have a defected disk.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff557433(v=vs.85).aspx

Panagiotis

23. guest

guest Guest

Do you remember where you entered regedit.exe? :)

Enter now eventvwr.msc there and look for Wininit 1001 Event, it should include your chkdisk logfile IIRC.

24. bgoodman4

LOL not so much at this point. I am not able to activate Rx until HDS support returns on Monday. I am getting a to many activations message when I try to install and activate. Bloody pain in the a%$. I had installed it and when I could not activate it I uninstalled it. Cannot wait for ISSOs app.

25. bgoodman4

I saw post 42 but my PC is booting. Are you saying I could attempt a repair using the factory installed OS installation files? I do not have an installation disk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.