Win 7 64-bit Truecrypt hidden system will not boot. Please help!

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by badger_scrote, Oct 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badger_scrote

badger_scrote Registered Member

Hi all,

It's my first post here. I hope someone can help. So, the situation thus far is as follows:

I have partitioned my HD, done a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, followed the steps in the TC wizard to create the hidden OS, the system cloned to the 2nd partition successfully, and it booted just fine so that I was able to wipe the first partition and do a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on there too. I ran the wizard again to encrypt the 1st system partition, created the rescue disk, it booted successfully, encrypted the 1st system partition, all with the same algorithms and settings as the 2nd partition. Everything should work as it is supposed to. I have been through this process a number of times with Windows Ultimate 7 32-bit, so I know all the common mistakes and I am sure I have gone through the process as required. However, after I encrypted the 1st system partition, the bootloader did not appear on restart, and I was forced to use the rescue disc to restore the bootloader to access the OS. And furthermore, when I try to boot the hidden partition, I input the password to the bootloader, it says "booting..." but then just hangs at that point. I can boot the decoy system with no problems, but the hidden system refuses to load.

The copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit I am running is a pre-cracked .iso by Team M-J-R. I remember reading somewhere that using a cracked version of Windows could cause problems. However, if the hidden OS booted ok for me to wipe the first partition, I do not see why it should stop working now that I have reinstalled windows with the same boot loader. Also, I have completed this process with a cracked version of Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit with a similar issue, however I was able to boot the hidden OS using the rescue disc. In this instance, I am unable to do so.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? If not, is there anyone who has successfully installed a Truecrypt hidden OS with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit? Is there anyone who has done so with a cracked version of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit? If so, what crack was used? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am ok with starting over with a fresh install, so long as I end up with a working Windows 7 64-bit hidden OS.

Thanks in advance...

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Badger_scrote

This forum doesn't condone using cracked software. So I am closing this thread pending review.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.