Win 2K ESET Kernal...Virus Scanner Initialization Failed...

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by OARS2, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OARS2

OARS2 Registered Member

This started happening a few days ago starting with one 2K box, then the next day one more dropped, Now I have a 2K server box that dropped. Wondering if anyone else had an issue with this…I upgraded to 3.0.621.0 a few weeks ago…with no issues. Suddenly things are going wrong. Any help, thoughts, or ideas?

Column Name Value
    Event Id Event 21267
    Client Name Server
    Computer Name Server
    MAC Address *******
    Primary Server Server
    Date Received 2008-02-26 08:00:17
    Date Occurred 2008-02-26 07:58:54
    Level Critical Warning
    Plugin ESET Kernel
    Event Virus scanner initialization failed. Antivirus protection will not function properly.

I have placed a service call on this, was on hold for 40 mins…then ended up having to leave a message…still no call back.

Thanks for any help offered!!

2. thanatos_theos

thanatos_theos Registered Member

The latest version is 3.0.642. Install v3.0.642 and see if that solves the problem.

thanatos

3. OARS2

OARS2 Registered Member

Ill have to get at the server at the close of business today...for my end users I had to revert them back to 2.7 just to keep them in the clear. Ill get back to you about the server after I have tried it, I was going to try that this evening anyways. Thanks for the response!

4. OARS2

OARS2 Registered Member

Bah...Same thing.

I heard back from ESET Tech support and they told me that this is a known issues, that their developers are working on it. If/when I hear back from them I'll post back. Thanks thanatos :D

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.