Win 10 Upgrade - Hidden Wireless Connections?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by itman, Aug 4, 2016.

1. itman

itman Registered Member

Perhaps this connection is normal. Nothing like this ever existed in Win 7 and I see no reason why a hidden wireless connection should exist in Win 10. Also the ipconfig display is weird in that it is showing alternate IPv6 connections that never existed in Win 7.

Also unchecking "connected" does help - it just auto reconnects?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Win-10_Hidden_Network-8-4-2016.png

Last edited: Aug 4, 2016
  2. itman

itman Registered Member

Did a little research and appears that Win 10 can pickup all kinds of wireless connections. I use AT& U-verse as my TV and Internet provider. Appears it is detecting my wireless TV boxes. Also cannot connect to the hidden connections without entering a SID and box ID. So no problem. A posting from redid for ref:

Strange through because a lot of corp. postings on the web that they couldn't see their hidden networks on Win 10.

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

My Windows 7 wireless applet also lists all the nearby wireless networks. I can login only into mine which is a secure network.

Nothing new here.

4. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

"hidden" means its owner made it not public - but i would guess you cant login or use it.

be carefull - windows 10 can share your own hotspot. try O&O shutup and see, what its like.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.