will we have better bandwidth control?

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by poo, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poo

poo Registered Member

It's nice to have a taste of what bandwidth control is per socket. But, per process bandwidth should include the full control of the total bandwidth used by the process. Global control should also be there to allow a user to specify the rate of IP bandwidth to use. It would be nice to have some kind of selection like Tiny Personal Firewall to store process settings indexed by some hash identifier.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Poo, welcome to the forum!
    I leave this to the tech guys to react on if it is possible to be added to a wishlist for future times.

3. nhanitvn

nhanitvn Registered Member

Re: algorithms for bandwidth controlling?

Hello every one. I am the new to this forum. I'm a Vietnamese. Please don'nt mind if I make some mistakes.
    I'm researching in "bandwidth controller" project. I searched on the Internet, and I see many software doing this task, but I want to known deeper about algorithms for controlling bandwidth. Who can help me? Thanks in advance. ;)

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi There, and welcome to the forum.
    Is your question related to Port Explorer?
    In Port Explorer it is just the button to activate throttling and change the slider. If there is more about it, Jason might be able to point the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.