Will TruPrevent work with x64?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Atomic_Ed, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

I was wondering if anyone knew if TruPrevent Personal will work with x64 and if so with Avast! 4.6 Professional?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

it will not work afaik because it depends on a driver. as for compatibility with avast, ull just have to try it on a 32-bit installation of XP. despite what it says, truprevent doesnt work with any AV, i noticed it doesnt like nod32. not that id want to use truprevent or anything. :D

3. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I figured it would only work on x32 Xp and from what I read it looked interesting as a stand alone addition to another AV but from what you wrote it sounds as if your not that impressed with it anyway. Is it not a good technology? It sounded like it may be promising based on articles I read but you know how that is.

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

well the first version of truprevent (1.5) wasnt bad but it was difficult to get it to install in english and it was a resource hog. it did however catch a few viruses/exploits so it does work. also try searching teh forum for truprevent i know ithas been asked about at least twice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.