Will True Image do this

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rodney H, Aug 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rodney H

Rodney H Registered Member

Hello everybody,

What I would like to do is put a mobile rack in my computer with the idea of cloning C: after I am done cloning C: can I take the clone out and still boot from C: with everything there?

Now if this is possible would I have two exact copies right?

Thanks for your help in advance sorry about the sarcasm in the past but this backup stuff is really been beating up tried and NTI backup now, dantz retrospect 6.0 and neither one of them work so if I purchased this one I will be on my third.

Rodney,

2. Rodney H

Hello everybody,

I take it the answer is no?

Rodney

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rodney --

Actually the answer is positive. You can clone your drive and take the mobile rack out - so that you will have an exact copy of your drive and still your initial drive would be as if there was no cloning process made.

Thank you.

4. Rodney H

Who collects the money because you definitely got mine. It actually works. But I don't understand one thing I was able to clone a drive in Windows but not from your boot CD I have the trial version why would you allow me to do this in Windows but not from your CD?

Another stupid question why would you back up any other way besides making a clone I don't understand I'm relatively new.

I apologize for the sarcasm in earlier posts this is the first backup software that is actually worked for me I know other People's mileage may very but this actually works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated Rodney.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rodney --

If you clone the drive - you need to have 2 drives conencted simultaneously to your computer, while image can be created on CDs, via network etc.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.