Will this work? No BT HDTV with no Audio outputs & BT Headset.

Discussion in 'hardware' started by zapjb, Jan 10, 2015.

1. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

My Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA HDTV has NO Audio outputs & no BT. I knew this. Now I want to use my BT headset. And will the picture remain since the VGA connector won't be used?

I bought a Anker Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter and Audio Receiver 2 in 1 Adapter.
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E174RTS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Uses a 3.5mm to 3.5mm cord. Wasn't thinking right thought I could connect this to my HDTV. I can't, directly anyways.

Did a bit of research. I want an inexpensive solution. Can I use a HDMI Male to VGA with 3.5mm Line Out Audio? Here's two I'm looking at:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/251744316365?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/381114657643?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
    Will one or both send Stereo sound to the Anker Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Transmitter and Audio Receiver? Again eBay items 251744316365 & 381114657643.

If either of these won't work. Are there any ~$20 USD & under solutions? I can return the Anker BT Transmitter if needed.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  2. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

I don't understand what you're trying to do here. If the TV has no audio outputs, there's nothing you can do there.

What is the source that plays the audio? For example if it's a disc player, or cable/sat box or whatever, I would think the answer is to use that as the source for the sound if possible. So you would connect the device to the TV with HDMI as usual, but the analog audio outputs would connect to the transmitter. Although, some devices now don't have those outputs either (such as those streaming sticks).

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That might work. But only if the TV's HDMI includes audio (which modern HDMI should).

4. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

To connect HDMI out to VGA adapter which has a 3.5mm Line Out and plugin my Anker BT Transmitter into the 3.5mm Line Out. Thus separating or gaining the Audio from the HDMI output to my BT headset.

Edit: Thanks!
    Just bought a 1.5ft Premium 3.5mm Stereo Male to 2RCA Male cable by Monoprice through eBay $4.52 otd. Looks a lot better than the other cheap cables for less. Connecting it to my cable box.

P.S. Awesome! Bob's my uncle.

Translation: It works. :)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.