Will the latest version 9.1 work with Vista ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TerryFox, Oct 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TerryFox

TerryFox Registered Member

Hi ... I have a friend that's interested in buying TI but he wants to know whether if the latest version 9.1 will work with Microsoft newest OS Vista when it becomes available ? Or should he wait until version 10 english comes available ? Thanks

2. TerryFox

bump > bump > bump> bump> bump

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Short answer is no.

Some folks have used it to some degree of success, like many other software makers' products, support is not being officially sanctioned until on or after the date that MS actually releases (rtm) Vista, whichmight not happen for another few months.

And once Vista SP1 comes out, many of the problems between Vista, hardware, and other software will be ironed out ;-)

4. TerryFox

Hi ... Thanks for your suggestion , I guess I will tell my buddy not to bother with TI as of yet , Thanks

5. phpmaven

phpmaven Registered Member

Actually, I'm running it on Vista RC2 Builld 5744 and it works fine except that mounting of backup images doesn't work.

6. tachyon42

tachyon42 Registered Member

Version 10 English has just been released and it supposedly supports VISTA, see http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/
    You might consider downloading the trial version and seeing if mounting works.

edit: oops, sorry I didn't notice the thread title refered to 9.1 which is of course an Enterprise version not a Home version.
    It's the Home version of TI 10 which has just been released.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.