Will Spyware Blaster ever have a scanner?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by JemW, Jun 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JemW

JemW Registered Member

I'm a big fan but I'd love to see an 'AdAware type' scanner built in...any chance of that in the future?

JemW

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That's pretty doubtful if only based upon what SpywareBlaster currently is - a program that simply sets registry entries to disable or prevent certain types of malware from getting on a system or running.

There isn't even a hint of file scanning functionality in it now, or any signatures required for such a scanner. If Javacool developed a file scanner it would most likely be a totally separate product.

3. JemW

JemW Registered Member

Bearing in mind that Spybot S&D is similar in it's blocking functionality (only Spyware Blaster is better / more flexible in my opinion) and also has a scanner, why not have a scanner in SB? It would provide the 'peace of mind check' that AdAware provides if run on an occasional basis.

JemW

4. MCT

MCT Registered Member

the #1 reason why i wouldnt think he would add a scanner 2 spyware blaster would be....

new spyware is out daily, and he would have 2 be updating 24/7 its just 2 much for 1 person :p

5. JemW

JemW Registered Member

umm...yes but...he's doing that anyway isn't he? I mean, blocking spyware is what SB does already...he has to update currently...so why not add the extra sanity check?

P.S Spyware Blaster IS the best!! :D

JemW

6. Erik Ayala

Erik Ayala Guest

I mean COME ON guys!! Do you guys seriously know how much time would go into testing a scanning engine? Discovering bugs, making fixes, people are already too eager for v3.2 as it is. If you like scanners, use one. Ad-aware.

7. MCT

MCT Registered Member

personally, while spyware blaster has its protections enabled, i have no use for other programs (adaware/spybot) cuz i never get any spyware anyways, i dont download programs that have spyware bundled with them, so im clean always :D

8. JemW

JemW Registered Member

:D Ok, I give in. Anyway, I just wanted to hear those magic words that people think SB is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO good you don't even need a scanner.

I'm inclined to agree....

Thanks guys,
    JemW

9. MCT

MCT Registered Member

dont get me wrong, i still have adaware installed and keep it up2 date, but i never use it, because i dont go looking for spyware :p im quite cautious of programs i install, chances are, if theirs a trial for the program that contains spyware, theirs probly something similar out there for free thats clean :D

10. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Slightly O/T here, but you raised an interesting point that I've wondered about for ages but never dared ask -- is JC a one-person operation? There's no JC "team", at least not that we ever see or hear from.

And of course if JC really is operating on his(?) own, that makes SC and SB and the others that much more impressive.

11. MCT

MCT Registered Member

i was under the impression it was only 1 person , maybe im wrong :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.