Will Sandboxie Classic stay?

Discussion in 'Sandboxie (SBIE Open Source) Plus & Classic' started by Peter 123, Jun 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter 123

Peter 123 Registered Member

As there are various disputes about Sandboxie Classic vs. Sandboxie Plus I would suggest to discuss them in an own thread (e.g. this here). ;)

And I would like to clarify the situation about the question if Sandboxie Classic will stay or will be abandoned. To my mind it will stay, referring to David's following comment from October 11th 2020:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thr...rsion-5-33-6-only.428156/page-22#post-2955629 (the bold letters by David himself) :
    I am aware that this was almost two years back and of course David is free to change his mind whenever he wants. But I have no information that this had happened in the meantime.

A recent post by David (from yesterday) rather seems to confirm his statement from 2020:
    So to my mind it seems that the situation for the moment is clear: David prefers and recommends the use of Sandboxie Plus, but users of Sandboxie Classic need not worry that they will loose their favourite build in the near future.

And with this background I think it is not only impolite towards David but also unnecessary to post statements like the following (there are several of this type and I won't disclose the names of posters):

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

As all of the comments about this have already been posted in the Roadmap thread

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/sandboxie-roadmap.445545/

there doesn't seem to be any point in duplicating them in yet another Sbie thread.

Lets just continue in the Roadmap one where David, you and others are already discussing this subject as part of the roadmap subject.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.