Will new PG work with McAfee antivirus?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Manticmeister, Oct 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manticmeister

Manticmeister Registered Member

Hello all,
    I have had Process Guard installed now for many month, yet I have it disabled. I am not a terribly advanced user and when I tried to use the earlier version I was overwhelmed with the difficulty and just gave up. If I recall, it didn't seem to like the memory-resident portion of the McAfee antivirus, which I was forced to install after AVG couldn't get Dropper off my machine. Something about global hooking if I recall. In the future I intend to go with Nod32, but having bought and paid for McAfee, I am not about to abandon it until my paid subscription runs out next spring. PG also didn't get along with TrojanHunter, another program I have installed but disabled now in favor of TDS-3. Prior to installing PG, I had never even heard of global hooking- how was I supposed to be able to configure it? Has anyone had the experience of making PG work with McAfee? Will the new PG be user friendly enough for someone like me to be able to actually use?
    Manticmeister

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Manticmeister, You will be pleased to know that your problems with configuration have been addressed in ProcessGuard V3.
    The new learning mode will make the necessary Allow adjustments in the first two reboots after the initial install.
    Restart after install ProcessGuard is in learning mode.
    Run your normal trusted programs and reboot.
    Enable the four general tabs & reboot. - Learning mode will have been disabled and your main configuration completed.
    You can then add "Securely handle windows closing" (Close meassge handling) to those programs as you require.

After that it is just a matter of watching for any new alerts and Answering any Execution permission requests.

If you wish to add a newly run programs that are in the security list you can right click them and add to the protection list.

HTH Pilli :)

3. Manticmeister

Manticmeister Registered Member

Re:Will the new PG work with McAfee antivirus?

Thanks Pilli, I am looking forward to actually being able to use this new product!
    Manticmeister

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.