Will HD Work After Upgrade of MB & Proscessor in Vista

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Ronl, Jan 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ronl

Ronl Registered Member

I have TI 11 and am using a cloned HD with Vista Home Premium 64 bit OEM, I will be upgrading the MB & Processor next week and want to keep my HD and operating system. Will the HD work with the new MB?

If not, is there a way it can be done?

Thank you,

Ron

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Best way is a fresh install but it should work and others have done it although I'm not certain about the 64 bit version of Vista.

You should set the display to plain VGA. Make an image so you have a backup.

Put the HD in the new system and start it up. Windows will find new hardware and you will have to do a repair installation for the drivers it can't load from Windows. Then check Device Manager for any unrecognized devices and load the drivers for them.

You can investigate the Microsoft SysPrep routine which may help for PCI devices.

Your Windows activation will need to be redone and also any applications that use a similar scheme.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ronl,

Thank you for using Acronis products

Also you can use Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with Acronis Universal Restore

Acronis True Image Echo Workstation has a feature such as Acronis Universal Restore. Acronis Universal Restore provides an efficient solution for restoration of a hardware-independent system by replacing the crucial HAL and hard disk controller drivers. In the case of motherboard and CPU change the replacement of the crucial HAL is necessary.

Acronis Universal Restore is an optional program feature.

Acronis True Image Echo Workstation supports Windows Vista 64-bit.

Please note that using Acronis True Image Echo Workstation with Acronis Universal Restore you are able to backup and restore to a different hardware the whole partitions, specified files and folders.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

4. Ronl

Ronl Registered Member

I will try what you suggested, are there any simple instructions on how to do this?

My vista is actually the upgrade version if that makes any diference.

Thanks,

Ron

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Ron,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Corporate Products

You can see the step-by-step instructions here

It doesn't make any difference.

Thank you.

--

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.