Will EMON scan Thunderbird?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by tempnexus, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

Well I wish it can since I don't really feel like being enslaved by Outlook in order to have my mail scanned. (I use IMAP)

2. Atangel

Atangel Registered Member

I think at that point you are depending on AMON...

Edit: in fact, this question was asked/answered just within the last day.. IMAP getting very poular :)
    IMAP Support?

3. gberns

gberns Registered Member

I am using TBird but connecting to a POP3 server to get my mail. Would I not still be receiving the same protection as I got with Outlook Express?

Question 2. Using an extension to TBird, I get my Yahoo mail in TBird. Am I right that this would not be scanned?

Thanks for any info.

4. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

thunderbird is an application and as such it will be scanned including your mail as it is opened in the application. At least this is what I was led to believe when I ask the same question several months ago ;)

bigc

5. gberns

gberns Registered Member

Answered my own questions by turning on the notification feature and then sending myself mail. The answer to both questions is "yes." The POP3 was automatic and the incoming yahoo worked as soon as I fed NOD32 the right port number.

Should have done this before posting. Don't like people who post without reading FAQs and just became, in essence, one of them.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

but at least you got your question answered :D ;)

bigc

7. tempnexus

tempnexus Registered Member

I don't mean IMON I mean EMON, EMON has a specific scanning technique like RTF scanning etc and when it was in beta it could only benefit Outlook users and I wonder if the benefits of EMON be ported to other readers like THUNDERBIRD, EUDORA etc.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Since EMON is a MAPI scanner, the other mail clients would have to support Microsoft's proprietary MAPI technology.

9. webyourbusiness

webyourbusiness Registered Member

ok - how about putting it another way...

are the advanced "features" found within emon going to be ported to imon so that other email clients can benefit from their enhancements?

10. ragged

ragged Registered Member

Would it be possible to set up an automatic scan of Thunderbird's IMAP store to look for virus signatures?

11. krumbs

krumbs Registered Member

That would be nice. IMAP is my new found love. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.