Will Dr.Web LinkChecker conflict with Avast Free?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AlexC, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Hello, i have a doubt:

Will Dr.Web LinkChecker conflict with any of Avast Free shields?

Any feedback about Dr. Web LinkChecker?

Thanks for your help! :thumb:

2. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

I haven't seen any problems in FF and I doubt they would conflict as none of the avast! shields do what the Dr Web Link Checker does.

Attached Files:

3. progress

progress Guest

Do you have to check every single link or does it work like AVG LinkScanner? :doubt:

4. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

It installs as a 'context menu' item so you have to point at the link you want to check and right click to view the context menu and then choose 'Scan with Dr.Web'.

It's not intended to be used to check every link but only ones you may suspect to be potentially dangerous. The link is sent to Dr.Web and checked online so you are always guaranteed that it is checked against the latest virus database and you don't have to download any updates.

It's a nice free tool and no nagging to purchase their AV.

It works fine with Avast and should with any AV as the link checking is done at Dr.Web so there can't be any conflict with your AV's realtime protection.

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  5. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

I know that when I tried to install the AVG Link Scanner it said there were possible conflicts with Avast5 Free, so it's quite possible.

6. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

There is no conflict between Dr.Web Link Checker and Avast 5. I can confirm that as I have used both together.

Last edited: May 6, 2010
  7. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Well it certainly won't say anything if you switch the install order and install it before Avast :D Anyway, try it and see for yourself, IMHO it should be quite safe to have both, but I won't test it, the AVG Linkscanner thing is not something's I'd like to have here, and that decision dates back to the DoS issue they've caused and hasn't changed since then.

8. pjb024

pjb024 Registered Member

Thread drift. This is not about AVG it is about Dr.Web Link Checker.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.