Will Disk Director mess up grub (the Linux boot loader)?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by cdysthe, Sep 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdysthe

cdysthe Registered Member

Hi,

I have a laptop with Vista and Ubuntu Linux. I used Acronis Disk Director to shrink my Vista partition and add three partitions for Ubuntu (two ext3 and one swap). Since I now are using Linux more that Windows I would like to shrink the Vista partition more. If I do that and add the space to one of the ext3 Linux partitions will I be able to boot using grub when I am done, or will Disk Director overwrite it so I only will be able to boot Windows? I have searched the forums but can't find anything conclusive. I want to be very sure before I do it since I need to computer for work and can't spend hours finding out how to get into Ubuntu again :)

I know Acronis has a boot manager, but I would rather use grub since it gets installed, updated by Ubuntu. Also, in a couple of months I won't need Windows on this computer at all, but in the mean time I would like to increase space for Linux.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.