Will ChatGPT Replace Google? The Future of Search Engines in the AI Era

Discussion in 'AI Technologies' started by guest, Jan 23, 2023.

1. guest

guest Guest

By Shaun - January 23, 2023

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2023
  2. hawki

hawki Registered Member

"ChatGPT CAN pass US Medical Licensing Exam and the Bar, experts warn - after the AI chatbot received B grade on Wharton MBA paper...

ChatGPT - a recently released AI with the uncanny ability to mimic human writing - has passed some of America's most challenging professional exams, studies have shown, raising concerns it could soon put many white collar workers out of a job..."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...d-States-Medical-Licensing-Exam-Bar-Exam.html

3. hawki

hawki Registered Member

4. guest

guest Guest

Stanford introduces DetectGPT to help educators fight back against ChatGPT generated papers
    By Dean Howell - January 28, 2023

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

6. SRT

SRT Registered Member

Simple, it will replace Google and all human life in a century or so, hopefully not in my lifetime.

7. plat

plat Registered Member

8. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

MS has spend 10 billions dollars (10 mrd for EU) for chatgpt, i dont think that google is now able to recover chatgpt for them. google - you are out!

9. plat

plat Registered Member

I'm watching this Sunday program and it's featuring ChatGPT. New York City schools have already banned it. It mentioned, as did the linked articles above, a tool in current development for detecting whether something is ChatGPT-generated or not.

But then I found this ghacks article describing a "simple" method to potentially bypass the ChatGPT "watermark" and that's to run the text thru the AI again, leaving text without the apparent "characteristic" word patterns.

https://www.ghacks.net/2023/01/01/openai-chatgpt-watermark/

Some people fear this no end but I don't really care about it, not right now. I mean, remember "deep fakes?"

10. plat

plat Registered Member

11. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

that page do not exist

12. guest

guest Guest

Chinese search giant Baidu to launch own version of ChatGPT
    By Justin Luna @_justinluna - January 30, 2023

13. guest

guest Guest

Whether you like it or not, AI is coming to search engines
    By Martin Brinkmann - January 30, 2023

14. guest

guest Guest

The creator of Gmail says AI could disrupt Google's business within two years
    ChatGPT might ‘destroy’ Google within 2 years
    By John Callaham @JCalNEO - January 31, 2023

15. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Quite the statement none of us have seen since the start of ransomware epidemic.

16. Lagavulin16

Lagavulin16 Registered Member

Gave ChatGPT a short spin around the block. Posed two simple queries. "Describe the plot to Shakespeare's most famous play." "Describe the plot to Mozart's most famous opera."
    End results: "Romeo and Juliet" and "The Marriage of Figaro," respectively. Both responses would easily fit in the category of less than a 100 word essay at most. Concise and infallibly accurate.
    And then for the sake of being off the wall, I plugged in "Describe the plot of the movie 'Freeway 2: Confessions of a Trick Baby.'" The response was wildly inaccurate, and yet I was astonished any reply at all was forthcoming.
    Little doubt IMO that this is a peek at what search engines can, should, and will evolve to in the near future. Say goodbye to propellers, and hello to turbine engines awaiting around the corner.
    A crude analogy, sure. But if the shoe fits...

17. plat

plat Registered Member

Hmm, correct. Nothing on Ars' main webpage about it, wonder why it was pulled? There are plenty of other sources online describing Google's "scared" reaction to ChatGPT. :doubt:

18. Lagavulin16

Lagavulin16 Registered Member

Another wink of an eye visit to ChatGPT in the arena of mainstream entertainment. Posed the question of Steve Perry's last album with Journey. "Trial by fire released in 1996." Good job, ChatGPT.

And lastly, "Are the members of the band Rush atheist?" Answer-- ver batim-- "The members of the band Rush have not publicly stated that they are atheists. Their lyrics often touch on universal and philosophical themes, but do not explicitly mention atheism.
    The personal beliefs of the members of the band are not well-known and are not a matter of public record." One out of three sentences correct here. Meh... nice try. Kudos to ChatGPT's undeniable eloquence.

I'll play with ChatGPT later with linear regression equations, politics, religion(s) in general, and eventually its own projections about the demise of the planet earth and the self-obliteration of the human race. Assuming ChatGPT is still alive and thriving five or so years from now,
    the answer to both of the latter questions may be as harrowing as they are compelling.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
  19. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Why Amazon doesn’t want its employees talking to ChatGPT
    https://www.ghacks.net/2023/01/31/why-amazon-employees-cant-talk-to-chatgpt/

20. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

21. guest

guest Guest

Google's experimental ChatGPT rivals include a search bot and a tool called 'Apprentice Bard'
    Employees are currently testing the products that use Google's LaMDA conversation technology.
    By Mariella Moon @mariella_moon - February 1, 2023

22. guest

guest Guest

OpenAI's new tool may help you identify text written by ChatGPT
    But it can “mislabel both AI-generated and human-written text.”
    By Will Shanklin - January 31, 2023

23. guest

guest Guest

Report: Microsoft plans to update Bing with a faster version of ChatGPT in the coming weeks
    By Aisha Malik @aiishamalik1 - February 1, 2023

24. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

The correct way is to say,
    I gave all my personal information by signing in with ChatGPT.
    NO!

25. hawki

hawki Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.