Will a backup copied to another HD work?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by John Dalton, May 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Dalton

John Dalton Registered Member

I have TI Ver 10.0 running under Windows XP HE/SP2.

I create a backup of my C drive onto my internal slave HD, followed by regular incremental backups. As a further safety measure I then copy the tib files from the internal slave HD to an external USB HD. Will the copied backup on the external HD work if I have to try and use it from the external HD?

2. Aussie42

Aussie42 Registered Member

You should not have any problems. I recently copied a TIB file from my internal hard drive to a laptop hard drive in a USB enclosure and restored it to another hard drive without any problems.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

It should work without problems. The way I test is to remove the existing hardrive, pop in a replacement and run a restore. Doing that is 100 % proof that your backups really work and can take care of a total hard drive breakdown.

Xpilot

4. John Dalton

John Dalton Registered Member

Thanks for the info. I'm pleased to know that I'm not wasting my time doing the copying.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello John Dalton,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We may recommend you to validate the copies, as some USB chipsets seem to have problems transferring large files.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 11 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As marat said, check by validating the images that you copied to the USB drive. In particular, boot from the Recovery CD and then validate the images on the USB drive. That's the best you can do without doing a real restore as Xpilot described.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.