Wilders.org review of KAV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mele20, Aug 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I haven't been to Wilders.org in ages and just went there and read all the AV reviews.

I'm puzzled by the KAV review which appears to have been done in 2004 so it is not a really old review although KAV 2006 is totally different from earlier versions in many ways.

What is meant by this in the review:

"The detection and removal performance is an issue; therefore, we consider Kaspersky
    Antivirus Gold as a good virus - and excellent trojan scanner."

What detection and removal performance? This appears to imply that KAV is only a "good" AV?! and has detection and removal problems??

Could that enigmatic comment be better explained please? I mean KAV is bar none the best AV there is in many expert opinions. NOD32 is a very close second or maybe even ties with KAV now. KAV 2006 is outstanding even in beta (with plenty of bugs :) ) so I just can't understand Wilders giving KAV only a "good" rating on its AV! And what is with the splitting on the rating? Trojans are part of an Antivirus..why split it and say AV is one rating and trojan is another?

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The KAV review like others is several years old and the version reviewed was probably version 4/4.5.

The February, 20004 date does not mean that the whole section is from this time. Probably only a minor upgrade to one or two of the products.

In this respect it would be nice if a time stamp was given on each review in the future.

There are a lot of programs to update in the AV/AT/FW sections and I am sure members here would help out if needed.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

The site is supposed to be updated at some future date I am told.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.