Wilders - not keeping password?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by JRCATES, Jun 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

o_O Didn't remember me! Then again I'm not all that....
    If you guys figure it out, I'll certainly notice it. Been that way for a long time for me. Is there something at this end I might be doing wrong? Wilders always clears the cookies when I log off.

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

If you are actually logging off, the cookies are being cleared. When you log off, you will have to log in again with your password. To keep the cookies you need to stay logged on...

3. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

Valkyri001.....don't take this the wrong way.....

but I'm glad you're having this problem too (LOL)! At least I know I'm not alone.

I'll tell you what's strange, though.....the cookies I deleted for wilders in Firefox just a few minutes ago....are all gone. No new ones since I deleted them and have been back either. BUT....all of the Firefox cookies I deleted earlier this afternoon....HAVE REAPPEARED! It's like Firefox cookies are possessed or something. Very, very odd what's happening with that browser tonight....

4. Valkyri001

Valkyri001 Registered Member

:) I can live with that! Everything is good.

5. JRCATES

OK, to add another strange twist to this already bizzare story....I just closed out Firefox and reopened, went to a few different websites....came back here, and was not logged in (asking for password at the top). Looked down at the bottom to see what members are on-line, and guess what? It showed JRCATES! But before I could post this, I still had to log in with my password! This is unbelievable!

6. puff-m-d

That displays all members that have been active in the last 15 minutes...

7. dog

dog Guest

There's nothing wrong with that ... as you didn't log out. If you had logged out your user name wouldn't be listed on active user list, but if you simply close FF or browse to another page, your session stays active on the server for 15 minutes at which point it will time out. ;)

8. JRCATES

Whew...well that's KINDA good to know.....because before, when it "wouldn't remember me"....it didn't show my username as active at the bottom. So now I'm almost more confused than before you guys told me that! Thanks alot! :doubt:

9. JRCATES

Well, just to update (and in case Valkyri001 or anyone else has encountered this and wants to check), I found out what the problem was.

Somehow, Wilders Security Forums got added to my "block cookie" list through Firefox. I checked tools/options/privacy cookies.....and under "exceptions" Wilders was listed as "always block". Not sure how or why, but that was the culprit.

10. puff-m-d

I would just like to provide a brief summary to this thread for those experiencing this type of problem:

• Be sure your browser is set to accept cookies.
    • Be sure your browser has not been set to reject Wilders cookies.
    • Be sure your browser has not been set to accept "session cookies" only.
    • be sure your browser has not been set to delete cookies upon exit.
    • Cookies can become corrupted. Delete any and all cookies associated with Wilders.
    • Clean out all of your browser caches.
    • Some browsers have a "built-in cleaner" for cache/cookies etc. If your browser has this feature and you are using it, be sure that you do not have it set to delete cookies (or have Wilders on your "keep" list).
    • Other cleaning programs also can be set to delete cookies. If you are using one, be sure that you do not have it set to delete cookies (or have Wilders on your "keep" list).
    • If you are using a cookie manager program (ie CookiePal, CookieMuncher, etc.), be sure that you have the settings in it correct to accept Wilders cookies.
    • Close down and restart your browser after doing the above steps, then check to see if the problem has been resolved.
    • Last but not least, remember that if you are logging off when you leave Wilders, you will have to logon and supply your password again upon returning.
    These items are usually the culprits in 99% of these type of problems.

HTH ;) ...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.