Wilders Email?? (and again)

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Cochise, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Wilders Email??

Just received an email from Wilders with all the Posts in the Thread 'Experience on the Web/Internet' by ronjor in the Ten Forward Board....
    where did that come from and why? any ideas please...... :D

Cochise, :cool:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Re: Wilders Email??

I didn't do it! :eek:

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

That's a thread subscription email. You get those when you've subscribed to a thread using the link available at the bottom of the thread while viewing it (below the quick reply box).

A quick check of the subscription table shows that you are indeed subscribed to that thread, so you must have hit that link at some point previously.

Attached Files:

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Cheers for the explanation....must have been in one of my less-lucid moments...I don't normally wander that far down the pge.. :D

i've had a word with my 'Clicking Digit' and it's promised not to do it again.. :p

Cochise, :cool: (Wanders off to see how to 'Unsubscribe' the thingy)

PS. I wouldn't even dream of sticking the blame on you ronjor mate :D :D

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Just been down to Ten Forward and had a look at that Subscription Email...not even in one of my less alert moments would I have clicked that...I certainly would have remembered going thro' the process required to set it up...just tried to unsubscribe....couldn't really make any sense of whether i've unsubscribed or not so I'll have to wait and see.. :D :D

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Only with right-frontal head injury is this kind of "logic" possible :D -- I wondered if this is an obscure feature of the vB board software that LWM just happened to forget to mention.

Specifically, any chance there's such a thing as a forum "gift certificate" which would have permitted a supposed friend to make you a present of a forum subscription? :cool:

7. LowWaterMark

Actually, there are features somewhat similar to that on vBulletin, but we have all member to member email features disabled here. But, not a bad guess. ;)

There may be some additional auto-subscribe features that I'm forgetting about, as well, which could account for this. Of course, there is such a setting in member's personal control panel options, but I assume Cochise doesn't have that set as he'd be subscribed to a whole lot of other threads if he was. :D

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Ahh! Ha!....The fiendish plot thickens.... :D :D :D

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Nope. Not me! :cool:

Attached Files:

• no.gif
      no.gif
      File size:
      34 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2004
  10. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

LOOOOOOOllllll.......What a brilliant piccy ronjor my friend... :D :D :D

Cochise, :cool: :-*

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Wilders Subscribed Email (Again)!

Just received another Email, this time it's about Dazed_and_Confused thread in Software and Services about debugging her Scanner??.....

I didn't subscribe....how does one turn this off please or is there a fault somewhere?..... :D

Regards Cochise, :cool:

12. notageek

notageek Registered Member

Re: Wilders Subscribed Email (Again)!

Try this.

Click on "User CP"
    Click on "Edit Options"
    Scroll down to where it says "Messaging & Notification"
    Find where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode"
    Make sure it says in the little box (rectangle) "Don't Subsribe" or "No More Notifaction" If it don't say any of these click the box and find "Don't Subscribe" or "No More Notifaction" and select it.
    Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes"
    You're done. HTH.

13. LowWaterMark

Well, we haven't had any reports from other people having problems with thread subscriptions. :doubt: Checking the thread subscription list, you are indeed subscribed to the thread you just mentioned, plus you're still subscribed to the first one you told us about.

Since you have replies in both of those threads prior to receiving these notifications, it looks like you either have/had automatic subscriptions set or accidentally hit the subscribe link on those threads.

Maybe your member ID was somehow stuck with auto-subscription enabled. I'll try to reset your account to disable auto-subscriptions and I'll unsubscibe you from these two threads, as well.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2004
  14. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks LWM, Honest....I'm not clicking anything....I'm just an innocent by-stander, Officer.....Crikey....it's as much as I can manage just to post...I don't do Technical stuff.... :D :D :-*

Best Regards, Cochise, :cool: Mmmmm!...I wander if 'Paint' has been dabbling with my OS.......

15. Denim

Denim Registered Member

Look on the Brightside Cochise, At least it wasn't subscription to, Reader's digest, or some god awful magazine LOL :D (or Spam lol )
    Your buddy Always,
    :) Denim :)

Uh Cochise , I think the Readers Digest people are looking for you :D hehee j/k

16. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Aach!...What a friend you are Denim....you've just reminded me to fill in and send that form back to Readers Digest that will allow them to send me everything they've got.....without your reminder I might have missed out on winning their £500,000 Jackpot Draw they said is waiting for me.... :D

Cochise, :cool: (Feverishly looking through trash for those winning numbers)

17. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Don't forget to also make sure you're still signed up with Publisher's Clearing House (if they're still around). That was a classic too, "You may already have won ..." :D

18. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Oh my God Mike....you've put me in whirl now....I don't know which to do first...I may find I'm so rich I may never have to speak to anyone ever again... :D :D

Cochise, :cool: (In utter quandary)

19. dog

dog Guest

Hmmmm ... I think you'd do a lot more talking Cochise ... especially one word answers .... the word "NO" comes to mind ... money seems to bring on an awful a lot of Unwanted Attention! ... we're much better off poor ... a lot less headaches that way ... and it's nice to know who your "real" Friends are! ;)

But ... just in case you do hit the Jackpot ... could you give me a few dollars old buddy? I'm a little down on my luck. :'( LOL :D

dog - *puppy*

20. Denim

Denim Registered Member

Hey there Cochise ,
    So glad to be of Help lol. (turning trash over for Cochise now helping :D lol ) Btw ......... U know Uh That Long Lost Sis yours? LMAO :D Well Here I am lol j/k :D Oh And DONT 4get bout that Winning Lotter ticket off in there . lol I think You had the winning Hotball Number on it too. :D U Just gotta stop throwing the WRONG stuff away now Cochise lol :rolleyes: :eek: lol.
    Uh Btw, Dont 4 get bout percentage here for Reminder's fee heheehee j/k :D Uh just a thought tho lol. :D ;)
    BTW Cochise? Does this mean A round of Karma cookies for the house with your Winnings lol :D
    Oh Just a thought Cochise, Did you Ask Paul if any of his Mail Had any winning Numbers in them ? lmao lol :D . ;) :eek: lol.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.