WIERD behavior OF SHADOWUSER 2.5

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by demoneye, Jan 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. demoneye

demoneye Registered Member

:mad: HI ALL

i try out this prog names shadouser 2.5 and i encounter astrange behavior as follow...

i have c:\ and d:\ partition (c= os).

drive d:\ has 1 giga free space .

what happend is this . after ticked the "continue " ShadowMode Session after a reboot" under option the progy freaked out.

i "freeze" only drive c:\ and install software just to test them. after restart the pc (under shdowmode) and uses "Restart ShadowMode Lose All Changes" .shadow user after restart suddenly "freeze" partition d:\ :)blink: ) which never add by me in the first place.
    also it tell me "low space on drive d:\:mad: "
    after i saw this results i unchecked the "continue " ShadowMode Session after a reboot " under option . and use shdowuser with out it. all went ok and it work perfect. the only isue with it when u use this option (whcih is disaled by defualt).

any one have this kinda problem also?
    maybe i do something wrong which is not much reasonable (read there manual lots of time)

will be happy to see what you guys can help me solve the problame/mystery

cheersss:)

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

It would probably help if you explain your configuration in more detail. You have two partitions - I assume it's one drive, correct? OS is on C:\. Are all programs installed to C:\?

Do you still have Deep Freeze installed or has that been completely removed? What other system control type programs are active?

Blue

3. demoneye

yes blue 1 drive dived into c:\ and d:\

deepfreeze not install on this pc only shadowuser 2.5

all programs install on c:\ only ( d:\ for mp3`s etc`)
    no AV install....only basic software as emule and office....o_O

4. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Sounds like a similar report appeared some time ago. Perhaps it was not fixed.

Blue

5. demoneye

10x alot BLUE yes i read the link u add " I appologize for not responding. We received this same or similar issue via support and we are currently working on resolving this. It appears to be configuration specific. Could you please send your drive configuration to support@shadowstor.com?

Support "

this was "Administrator StorageCraft Solutions and Support Forums " and the post is from 06 Nov 2005, 10:53 AM :D :D

i browse in there forum more and look what i found (lol)

"The other issue is a bug that occurs when there are many disks and partitions. We are working to fix this issue.

Admin"

this last post was from 03 Apr 2007, 3:26 PM

more than 1 year hehe and they "working on it " lolllllllll

noone fix this BUG till now lol!!!!

what a looserssss:mad:

cheers:thumb:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2008
  6. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would say don't hold your breath for a fix either. The reality is the way Shadowuser is now is the way it is.

Pete

7. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Yes, Pete is correct about its current status: the development work has ceased a while (perhaps a long while) ago.

Perhaps, some modern apps will fit your current needs ?

Good luck.

8. demoneye

10x alot for all the help . according to facts will skip the full of bug software.

cherrs:D

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It looks like this is happening to partitioned drives. I don't use partitioned drives, and I've tested SU with drive C protected + 2 USB drives unprotected in persistent mode: Everything was fine, the very configuration was kept in persistent mode, and loosing all changes.

My feeling is that the program might not always distinguish between a partitioned drive and a single partition drive(or might be configuration specific).

If there is a bug, it certainly doesn't affect my system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.