Wide Vine Plugin for Firefox

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by caspian, Aug 14, 2017.

1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I found this plugin in Firefox. http://www.widevine.com/

I found "Wide Vine" as a plugin in Firefox. There is a drop down menu. I chose "never activate"

Device information

We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Google may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Google Account.

["When you use our services or view content provided by Google, we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes:

details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
    telephony log information like your phone number, calling-party number, forwarding numbers, time and date of calls, duration of calls, SMS routing information and types of calls.
    Internet protocol address.
    device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
    cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Google Account".]

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

I disabled it in Windows. In Android I don´t use Firefox, but I used Focus. Not sure if it´s also in Focus.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

I'm not going to lie, I never paid any attention to it, I figured it was needed to play video. But I have now disabled it, sounds a lot like spyware to me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.