Why?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by poespas, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poespas

poespas Guest

Hi there,

I have 2 questions. I have installed the latest versions of AdAware, spywareblaster and Spywareguard. Last 2 programs are installed since the last 6-8 weeks Adaware for a much longer period of time.

1) Spywaregueard sometimes comes up with the warning that some site tries to change your home page of IE. For example it happens when you start program h..p://www.exits.ro/dwl/IndexView.exe

And this program is not changing the setting of your IE at all, as far as I can tell. So why getting the warning and why you need to select to go ahead of keep current home page?

2) My dad hat Gator installed at his pc which I removed, based on instructions found on internet. I submitted Adaware and the pc was clean. I upgraded last week to Adaware 6.181 last week and submitted it and till my surprise it showed me again gator related records. Anybody knows why??

Thanks in advance,
    Ellen

- Disabled the direct download link

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello poespas,

I just downloaded the file above and it does two things upon install (see attachment).

The following comes from the licence agreement you agree to during installation:
    2) I understand that by accepting these terms and conditions, this program will be installed on my computer and the browser search page will be changed in order to allow me access.

I do not have an answer for question 2, but am sure someone else will jump in...

HTH...

Regards,
    Kent

Attached Files:

3. poespas

poespas Guest

Thanks Puff-m-d,

I must admit I am one of those people who not carefully reads the agreements... but interesting thing is, I had the Index.dat viewer program installed prior spywaregueard and my home page of IE never got changed (Thank God)... So maybe it is attempting to do so... and not working 100% yet for Windows XP...

That is why the warning (which is valid one) from spywareguard confused me.

Cheers,
    Ellen

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Just a quick note, the program is not trying to change your home page, it is trying to change your search page....

Regards,
    Kent

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.