Why won't Acronis True Image Workstation run on Windows Server???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by spiritfly, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spiritfly

spiritfly Registered Member

I have a server which has installed windows server 2008. I want to be able to run True Image Workstation on this machine, and deploy images with windows xp/vista installed directly on hard disks which will be connected to the very server. But the thing is, that True Image Workstation cannot be installed on a Windows Server Operating System. I want to use the PXE function to boot Acronis True Image Workstation, but since it cannot be installed on a server machine I cannot do this.

I think this should be sorted out immediately, its a terrible waste for this kind of software not to be used on a server machine.

2. NumLock

NumLock Registered Member

Why won't Acronis True Image Workstation run on Windows Server

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello spiritfly,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis True Image Echo Workstation does not support server operating systems (see this page for reference). For server operating systems we recommend you to use Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows or Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server.

We recommend you to download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Server for Windows or free trial version of Acronis True Image Echo Enterprise Server to see how the software works on your computer. With the trial version of the product you will be able to fully use the Windows version for 15 days. The bootable rescue media will be limited to restore function.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image Echo in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.