Why were these not picked up? Should I worry?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by mr_yoda, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_yoda

mr_yoda Registered Member

I've got Eset Smart Security installed (3.0.684.0) and a few other on-demand scanners (for spyware). Just ran a scan with Ad-Aware and it has picked up a few threats which i'm not too sure about (images included in this thread screens).

Are these something I need to worry about, especially the worm Win32wormLovGate? If so why did Nod32 not pick them up. Any help here would be fantastic because i'm a little confused as to what to do.

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Yes you should worry any time you find a parasite.

Win32wormLovGate is an old parasite see this link:

http://www.sophos.com/security/analyses/viruses-and-spyware/w32lovgatee.html

Look at the removal procedure. ( no I don't use sophos) it was just the first google hit that came up

As to why Nod32 didn't find it I have no clue but you need to ensure it is up to date and actually scanning completely. Check your settings.

No AV product catches all parasites so run your other on demands and even try a web based scan service from Norton, McAfee, Bit defender.

Also download SAS Pro for a free trial and scan with that.

Good luck

3. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.