Why wasn't I asked before this was submitted?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by nameless, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'm running NOD32 2.50.25 on WinXP Pro SP2. Under NOD32 System Setup > Setup > ThreatSense.Net > Advanced settings... > Suspicious files, I have Ask before submitting selected. I always have.

But I just noticed this entry in my log:

I wasn't asked before this was submitted. Why would this be?

I'm not asking how to exclude folders or file types from submission. I would have wanted this file submitted. I am merely asking why I was not prompted before it was submitted, as the aforementioned option would seem to imply.

I do have the Silent Mode option enabled, but I remember being prompted one other time to submit a file, and I had Silent Mode enabled then, too. So I don't think that explains it. (Besides, Silent Mode still allows NOD32 to show prompts requiring user intervention, and submission of a file seems to fall under that category.)

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

hmm...well, it's strange! Are you sure you have those settings? And anyway, it's not that bad to submitt files without prompting. :D For me it's annoying to prompt for every action.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume that you must have overlooked that the "Submit for analysis" checkbox was ticked in the alert window you got.

4. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Maybe. I've been dealing with so many unwanted alerts from NOD32 lately, I was probably in auto-pilot mode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.