Why was this thread closed?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Chris12923, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It was closed due to an attempt to discuss an update....but as per our Updates Posting Policy....we ask that any discussion occur outside the Updates Forum.

Update Alerts Posting Policy - Read Before Posting!!

Code:
    [U]General Policy[/U]

Finally, please do not reply to these updates with any form of "thank you"
    posts or start any discussions regarding the product mentioned in the update
    thread. Update alert postings are deleted as soon as the next update comes
    out. Therefore, any discussions added to these threads would be lost once
    the topic is deleted.
    I was in the process of responding to the thread you are linking to when you started this thread. It's also not our common practice to leave a....why it was closed post in the Updates Forum. If by chance you need to correct an error to that thread....Please IM me and I'll be glad to edit the thread. Otherwise....any discussion needs be done in an appropriate Forum.

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi Chris,

We do not allow replies to threads in the update forum per the policy posted in this STICKY THREAD. Threads are deleted there often so any discussions would only disappear with time. It is best to start another thread in the appropriate forum if you have anything you need to discuss about the update.

HTH...

4. Chris12923

Gotcha. Thanks Bubba. I didn't know that but I do now :)

Edit: thanks Puff as well :)

Thanks,

Chris

5. dog

dog Guest

Sorry ... Bubba / Kent

My intent wasn't to start a discussion ... but rather add some missing info ... in regards to "Public Beta" in the interest of members.

Chris if you wish to comment the discussion thread is here --> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=58087

Steve

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I'll realize that Steve but....:)

Also....if what your saying is true....I'll ponder and ask around if indeed that update should even be made as a notification thread considering it may not be publicly available....IAW our updates posting policy ?

7. Chris12923

This is publicly available update. Registered users as well as Unregistered users that have not already trialed RegRun can use it. If this is a problem let me know and sorry for all the fuss.

Thanks,

Chris

8. dog

dog Guest

LOL ... I know Bubba ... I should've provided just the added info, and left my opinion for the discussion thread. My mistake.
    :D ~ I guess, I'm just maintaining my dog house status~ :D LOL [-2 Karma Cookies for dog] :D

My somewhat cheerful demeaner is a ~little~ off this morning. :blink:

BTW ... I have no issue with you editting out my opinion from the update thread and leaving only the additional info.

@ Chris - No worries - there is no fuss ... just some clarification, thats all.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.