Why "Warning : No bakups scheduled yet"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 222fbj, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 222fbj

222fbj Registered Member

I have the latest version of acronis home...and have done a full backup. And I believe it is supposed to be on a weekly schedule. BUT - I keep getting an error when I start Acronis, warning me there is no backup. See attached (3) images.
    Any advice appreciated

thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

I believe that running a task manually using TI-11 does not report the status correctly. Not certain about that tho. If you schedule a task to run at a particular time, and it runs, it should report correctly. I find that a scheduled task may or may not run at all. Something goofy here.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

That is exactly what I found with the first build of TI 11. I have no idea if it has been fixed in the latest build as I rolled back to Version 10 which does all that I want from it.

Xpilot

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

This has not been fixed in build 8053. Scheduled Tasks may run but generally they do not. Running Win XP, SP2 Home I switched to using the Windows Scheduled Tasks. In that I don’t have a password in Windows I first had to remove that requirement in the Registry. The tasks now run reliably but of course I still get the pathetic yellow bar in True Image. I will probably wait for the next build but if that doesn’t come soon it’s back to v.10 also.

Bruce

5. 222fbj

222fbj Registered Member

Thanks for the replies - at least I know I'm not alone. This is aggravating - I can manage my own PC/backup as I am semi-technical - but when I have paid $50 for a 'highly rated' program to backup my parents PC (whom I only visit occassionaly) this becomes a major hassle that I don't have time or interest in troubleshooting. I expect the product to work as advertised. I hope Acronis Support will post something here - it would be great if I was wrong and/or there is a simple fix. Online backup or a partition dump to a cheap HD are starting to look like better options.

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

The 'traffic light' banner sometimes takes a week to get itself in sync!

So this coming Saturday, after the task has run, you may find the banner has changed to green.

I think enabling the email option is better - it'll send an email to say it has started and completed. Unless/until Acronis mahe the banner run from the system tray, it seems to me pointless, having to actually run the GUI to see if a task has taken place. With the email option, it can be left to just run in the background.

Two gotchas with the traffic light is that if the computer is switched off when the task is supposed to run, the banner will not show red on the next switch on, unless you have run task if computer switched off ticked - in which case it won't show red, it'll show green because the task will run immediately the system boots.

Colin

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The odd thing is that Acronis chose to have this banner appear no matter how many backups have been run if they have not been run by the ATI scheduler. I can see that kind of warning being useful if you rely on only ATI scheduled backups -- I suspect most folks do not, they rely on manual backups also and/or run backup tasks from the Win Task Scheduler. It's like an idiot light on a car dashboard that goes off for no good reason, telling yhou something you don't need to know and yo can't turn off the light.

You could make a dummy task that backs up, say, one smal file jsut to keep the yellow bar at bay -- but that seems like a silly thing to have to do, doesn't it?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Traffic Light was designed mostly for non-technical users. If you decide to perform your backups in the way Traffic Light doesn't recognize, you can simply ignore its indications. You can find the detailed description of Traffic Light behavior in chapter 4.1 "Program workspace" of Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide.

bodgy, the issue you reported is currently being investigated.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.