Why so many server connection errors and how can I fix?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by ejr, Nov 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejr

ejr Registered Member

I have updates scheduled automatically with NOD32 automatically choosing the servers. However, about 4-6 times a day I get an error connecting to the u7.eset.com server (213.215.116.226).

Is there a setting that I can change to fix this?

If so, can you supply detailed instructions on how to do so? Instructions that a computer dummy like me could follow. :)

Thank you!

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

u7 has been offline for a while, if you have the update server set to automatic selection (default, recommended setting) you should be ok

3. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

u7 was disabled in the 1.1276 update, so if you have your NOD up-to-date it shouldn't connect to that server at all :)
    (standard version anyway)

4. ejr

ejr Registered Member

My version is 1.1308. But I am still running the trial version. Possibly this error will be fixed when I upgrade.

5. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

I think it will.
    However I thought the trial versions would be updated by now, afterall it's almost a month since they disabled it from the server list on standard versions (and possibly admin versions too) :)

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Make sure the server is set to automatic selection and not specifically to u7.eset.com

7. ejr

ejr Registered Member

Yes, eveything is set to automatic and NOD32 Kernel Servie is in my trusted Zone in my Firewall. The good news is that I still get the updates, so I'm protected. The server connection errors are just more of a nuissance than anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.