Why should I use/buy TDS 3 ?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tony64, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right location for this thread ...Anyhow, I would like to understand something:

I use the following softwares to keep my PC clean:

-Nod32
    -Lavasoft pro
    -Spybot
    -A Squared
    -Spyware blaster
    -Spyware guard

Now, I am following with interest this forum and TDS3 seems highly efficient I am currently trying it.

Very frankly speaking, based on above mentioned battery of softwares, is it needed ?

That's not a matter of money, Trojan is a nasty headache....But 7 softwares to keep a pc clean sounds strange to me.

Could you give me some straightforward advices ?

Many thanks

Tony

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

TDS is is a World Leader in Anti-Trojan detection and removal, 7 pieces of software is not a great deal, it depends on your surfing habits as well as those that use your computer. There are many discussions on what people use and why, such as here, here and even more here.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Tony, Unfortunately nowadays a layered defence is imperative due to the ever growing variety of malware threats, although to some extent this depends on your surfing habits.
    I notice that you have some preventive measures but would also recommend that you trial ProcessGuard and Port Explorer.

Probably one of the most important things to do is ensure that your Operating System is kept up to date with the latest security patches and that you regularly update the definitions for programs that require them.

ProcessGuard is particularly recommended due to it's efficient methods of stopping malware from actually installing and preventing any of your other programs being terminated which includes your other defences. http://www.diamondcs.com.au/processguard/

Port Explorer allows you to see every connection to your computer, sniff the packets & stop unwanted connections, this is especially useful for the prevention of "phone home" programs or malware. http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/

TDS3 is unlike other Trojan scanners in as much as it gives you a lot of additional tools with regular updates and if you purchase TDS3 now you will get a free upgrade to the forthcoming TDS4 which promises to break new ground in Anti Trojan technology.

DCS is also well known for it's support which is second to none. :)

4. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Man,

I now understand how you don't let the bastards grind you down........ :)
    thanks Blackspears

Your explanations are clear, thanks Pilli

Is the protection provided by TDS 3 kind of resident (like NOD32 amon does for exemple )?

Thanks

T

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

My pleasure Tony64, I'd give TDS a spin as well as Process Guard 3, I recon you will be suitably impressed :D

Regarding security and the amount you use, it is no use having a lot if you don’t know how to use it, its purpose and how to maintain it. This is where Wilders steps up to the plate hosting World leaders in software and having a great bunch of helpful people to guide and advise...

Cheers :D

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I went for NOD32 & TDS-3 because I would rather assemble my own suite of tools that I find to be the best, rather than an "all in one" package containing programs chosen by a 3rd party with different levels of effectivness.

I notice that most of the software that you've listed is for spyware. For why you want more than one spyware app, however, you may want to look here:
    http://windowssecrets.com/050127/#story1

There's a free program, with no english version yet, that will give you a single interface for all of the spyware apps you listed, and many more, but there's currently some issues about permissions (not) given to the developer.. hopefully they can all come to an amiable agreement and an english version will be released.. but if it does, how does NOD32, TDS-3, & a single anti-spyware app (with multiple 'modules') sound for a solid set of scanners?

That's my note of optimisim for the moment, but my point is that if you look around, you can find the setup that best fits you.. it just takes some "shopping around" to find that right balance between cost, effectivness, and convience. NOD32 and TDS-3 are both excellent for a layered defense. TDS-3 will give you many more options than just a "scan" button to track down any infection you may get. Having a handful of free tools in your "oh s**t! folder doesn't seem unreasonable to me, either.

7. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

OK thanks for the link regarding giant spyware remover...already running on my pc..... ;)

By the way I bought today TDS3......welcome to the club...!!

Could anybody kindly show me the way to a link on this forum showing the basics for my learning curve to improve ...o_O?

I'd like to empower before receiving my license...

Guys be patient..I'll come back...... with newbie questions :D :D

Cheers

Tony

8. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Toney,

Have a look at this for starters.

regards,

paul

9. tony64

tony64 Registered Member

Thanks Paul,

I did that already is there something a little bit more advanced in order to tailor the program to my necessity ??

Apologees if this has been already asked before..I'm just landing here ;)

Best thanks in advance

tony

10. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Tony you can join the DCS Private forums for TDS3 & SS3 which have a lot more information epecially about the more advanced aspects of TDS3.
    You should receive information on this with your keyfile.

HTH Pilli

11. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Sure there is Tony - TDS comes with a comprehensive, easy-to-read help file (tds-3.hlp, in your TDS\Help\ directory), and it should be able to answer nearly every question you'll ever have about TDS! - quoted from the DCS site. Enjoy reading ;)

regards,

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.