Why sell True Image 7

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by garypo, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garypo

garypo Registered Member

Hello All

I just purchased True Image 7 From a local store and after registering the program noticed that it an obsolete version. I paid more than if purchased the download version from this site, feel rip-off. Other programs I've purchased offer the upgrade for free when purchasing old stock, but there's a $30 US fee for True Image 8. Is there a way around this I believe practice is unfair to consumers.

Regards
    Gary
    :D

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Moved your thread from "general" over to the Acronis TI forum where it truly belongs. My words regarding TI are defintly not gospel, but I should think that your local store would be responsible if it is selling an obsolete version. I would also think that in the process of such a purchase the version would be specified, yes?

3. garypo

garypo Registered Member

The version was specified (YES) and I asked if this was the latest version, answer was (YES) looks to me that your local distributor is making a killing on selling obsolete products very unethical. Thanks for your reply, will contact our local consumer affairs on Monday and report this practice and see what recourse can be taken.

Regards
    Gary

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

errr, right - although you may care to read up a little but on your purchase and realize that I am njot in any way, shape or form an Acronis represpentative but merely a Widlers global moderator. While I am truly empathetic should some retailer have treated you in such a manner, I would still recommend allowing Acronis Support a chance to respond to your inquery. This being the weekend as it is, I would give a little time - although this choice is most obviously in your own "playing field," so to speak.
    Detox

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gary,

Thank you for purchasing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Most likely you have bought a box version of Acronis True Image 7.0. Please contact support@acronis.com and we will provide you with a free upgrade to the 8.0 version.

With regards to your question, our upgrade policy is to provide free upgrades to customers who purchased the software 30 days prior to the release of a new version. We do also provide free upgrade to the current version to all our customers who purchased an out-dated one (please contact support@acronis.com regarding this issue).

Thank you.

--
    Andrew Berezovsky

6. garypo

garypo Registered Member

Hello Andrew

Thanks for your reply appreciate you helping out. True Image was recommended by programmers in our IT department as a safeguard against losing hours of work that’s involved with digital photographic processes (raw files, album…..). DVD’s are so unreliable so will build a network of Hard drives and DVD back up. Thank again for helping out will contact your support center and arrange the upgrade.

Regards
    Gary
    :D

7. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

If you do the same thing in the future, I'd also recommend going back to the store where you bought the software and asking for a refund or an upgrade. If they said no, I'd then contact the developer (Acronis in this case), and let them know of this fact, along with the company that refused it. This way Acronis have a chance to do something about it.

If they never replied, then I'd then go to consumer affairs.

Just some friendly advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.