Why Oh Why !? (Nr of Increments)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ChicknDip, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChicknDip

ChicknDip Registered Member

OK, I had the bad experience before. Some helpfull people have told me some months ago....

my problem was : None of the backup locations took note of "Size quota" I set nor did they even look at the "Maximum number of increments" I set...

So these people told me to start anew, and so I did, I removed all backup locations from within ATI, deleted the folders that were assigned as backup locations and started out brand new....

I set all "size quota" to 20 Gb, and all "Maximum number of backups" to 4.
    Now some months later, all backup locations contain 8, 9, 10 increments........

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS PROGRAM !?!?!?

Oh, perhaps another question, allthough I'm not shivering of thrills to update to V11, does V11 in contrary to V10 see SATA Harddrives that are on a Jmicron controller ?

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. ChicknDip

Who got it working ? Noone ? So, it's just another so called feature that just isn't there ?

3. domg

domg Registered Member

Which version of TI are we talking about here?

4. ChicknDip

Hi domg, I'm using TI10, I can't install TI11 because then I'm not able to properly restore all my backups and I don't want to be part of ti11 horror stories myself, The v10 horror is allready thrilling enough for me.

About the limit/backups quota, people told me to start brand new, and so I did, I set all File Limits for my backup locations to 4, and now there are 8, 9, 10, 11 incrementals and still counting.

It such a shame that even Acronis officials can't get a working solution for this well known problem.

5. david_h

david_h Registered Member

I got number of backups working in v10 but Acronis ignores the quota rule. The company has failed to respond to this issue and is now simply ignoring any user complaints

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software

To ChicknDip

If you are experiencing any issues with JMicron storage controllers using Acronis True Image 10.0 Home, please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support with the attached sysinfo.txt file. We will do our best to provide you with an appropriate solution as soon as possible.

To david_h

Could you please collect some program logs created while backing up to Backup Location and submit a request for technical support with the logs attached?

Please do the following to obtain the log files:

- Start Acronis True Image;
    - Create some backup to the backup location so the quotas will be exceeded.
    - Select Tools -> Show log;
    - Save some of the most recent logs
    - Send us the logs.

This would let us investigate the issue thoroughly and provide you with the effective solution.

Thank you.

--
    Eugene Bogdanov

7. ChicknDip

Hi Acronis Support,

Info send. Awaiting help...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.