Why Obama's Cybersecurity Plan May Not Make Americans Safer

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by lotuseclat79, Jan 26, 2015.

1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Well, we have seen them destroy centrifuges ;)

3. Veeshush

Veeshush Registered Member

Good golly geewizz I'm glad we have such a bunch to protect our American data from the hands of those foreign hacker adversaries trying to take away our freedom and disrupt our commerce, protect our families and mow our lawns! But no, don't start storing data in ways only users can view by default- instead do the opposite and let everyone have access to it! That way only the good guys will have access to it, and then, they'll get the bad guys, yeah!

Actors and presidents- look pretty, say something pretty that people will largely like to hear. Smile.

I can't help it. I'm so tired of hearing their justifications, especially when everyone else who actually offer sound computer security tactics would rather and truly give back the users' privacy and security. We need to stop this cancerous idea that "only goodguys with perfect morales that are exactly like our own personal morales" will have access to our stuff. It is a dangerous assumption that has never been true.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.