why NOD32 V4 too too slow ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by southcat, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Hello everybody,

Because my computer is quite old (intel E2140,4GB RAM), so i hope to run the lightweight antivirus. I searched some info on internet, found that NOD32 should be quite ok, but after i installed it, it is too slow, i tried different configuration already but the performance just improve slightly only.:doubt:

I already disabled web access protection, email protection, scan all files, advanced heurisric. Is that any other things i can do?

Actually I am holding the original version of KAV 2010, BAV 2010, NOD32V4. None of them can run smoothly in my windows xp.:'(

My current security setup is:

-Comodo Firewall+HIPS
    -Spyware Terminator
    -Process Guard
    -Avast AV free
    -ThreatFire
    -Sandboxie

Perhaps I should abandon the above listed software just go for ESET Smart Security would be better?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

You wrote that you have Avast installed. Does that mean that you have Avast's real-time protection disabled? You should never run two or more on-access scanners concurrently.

3. southcat

I uninstalled avast before installed NOD32, but now i use back, because....:'(

i spend many money for AV already, but nothing gain.:doubt:

Thanks for your remind.

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried shutting down the security applications, one at a time ? Perhaps you could try installing them in the reverse order, ie. EAV/ESS first and then the other applications, one at a time, so that you can check which one causes the problem. As for installing EAV/ESS, make sure to use default settings. You can also try playing with the real-time protection settings (e.g. define a size limit for scanning archives).

5. Biscuit

Biscuit Registered Member

You've got way too much stuff running. :eek:

Although Eset is bloated these days, it should run ok on your system. Just use the AV version though & take off everything else you've got running. if that makes you feel exposed, look at something like Prevx & Vipre.

6. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Comodo Firewall + HIPS
    Process Guard
    ThreatFire

If you're happy with Comodo Firewall + HIPS, then remove Process Guard and Threatfire as they're not providing any more protection. They're just impacting negatively on your computer's performance.

Personally I'd also remove Spyware Terminator and replace it with an on demand scanner like MBAM(free version).

7. southcat

First of all, thanks for all of your opinions. It seems to me that you guys all ask me to remove those overlap software first. I can understand that and i am considering it. But Comodo firewall & Defense+ is the ground work of my security setup, that is no way for me to remove it.

But I just wonder that is NOD32 V4 has the equal weight with Process Guard+Spyware terminator+threat fire+Avast free AV ?

I am heavy computer user so i am quite concern about the defence of my system.

Thanks again for those advises.:-*

Regards
    Gavin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.