Why no to CA ?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by legendary, Feb 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. legendary

legendary Registered Member

Why no to CA?is it that bad of a product? How about trend is that resource heavy?

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

Re: Avast Pro or Bit Defender

i would never recommend CA, its slow and detection rates aint great either.

i dont think trend would be good if bitdefender is struggling, try panda and avg, if avg suite doesnt run well, i dont know what else will.

3. legendary

Well i just put on Trend and it's running better then Bito_O Also memory usage is Less also? no slow down as of yet!

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

sounds like someone needs to test them all with vista, different softwares are behaving different on vista compared to XP.

if trend is working well on vista, keep it in :)

5. legendary

Yeah it is working great im running a scan, opening emails ans surfing with no slow down at all!!! :D

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have no used Defender, and don't know anything except what I have read here.
    I don't know what all you have on your system. You can look at my signature, and see what I use. I am well pleased with it.

If you combine Avast with a decent firewall and something like SuperAntiSpyware, and a-squared free, I think you will be in good shape if you use good judgment in surfing, and be careful of email.

You will get some good advice here, but maybe recommendations for more applications than you need.

Best,
    Jerry

7. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

cool, thats what you want :)

how is the ram usage for trend vista?

8. legendary

How do i find that? cntr,alt del?

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

yup on the process tab.
    lodore

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

and if you dont know the processes trend is using, just check your ram usage then shutdown your trend and see the difference. *lol*

but if its running fast on vista compared to bitdefender vista, and you aint having no problems, stick with it.

11. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I wouldn't say its a bad product. I work for a multi-million dollar company and they use CA AV to protect their systems. It may not be the best but it seems to do its job well.

12. legendary

Sorry CSJ not sure what is wha t when i do that, im sure its using quite a bit but it isnt impacting my system at all which is weird.

13. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I used CA's suite before and never had any problem with it. They still have their 1-year free trial which is a pretty good deal when you compare it to other free AV's.

http://shop.ca.com/STContent/Microsoft/Default.aspx?sc_lang=en-US

The problem I have with CA is more ethical than the quality of their products. How many former CA high ranking employees have been indicted or serving time in prison now? Probably more than the representative average of most companies.

Also, I remember when CA bought out Tiny Personal Firewall. Many users paid good money for that product (I believe it was $49 and $99 rates for one year). But when CA took over all support of the product stopped. The only support whatsoever was from TPF users who blogged help info back and forth on the otherwise abandoned TPF site. After all the subscriptions dried up a skeleton of a firewall formerly known as TPF was incorporated into CA's 2007 product. It really turned me off seeing how CA really ripped all the people who had supported TPF for years.

I won't use their product again. Not because of the quality, or some would claim, lack-thereof. But because of the way they have treated people in the past.

14. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Yes i was surprised how poor their latest firewall offering is even tho its based on tiny. Very sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.