Why no support for 64bit?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by 2badmice, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2badmice

2badmice Registered Member

I used to use Ewido 3.5 on my PC and found it a great program, however when they updated to version 4 64bit support stopped, as is the same for 7.5.

Why stop the support, especially with the release of Vista soon to be here, you will find more adapters of 64bit OS and lack of support from AVG isn't very forward thinking IMO!

Please can you confirm support is in progress?

2. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

We have never supported Windows 64-Bit versions. Neither in ewido 3.5, 4.0 or AVG AS 7.5.

We're currently working on Windows 64-Bit support if it will be finished within the next release I/we cannot promise. But we hope that we can support 64-Bit Windows soon.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    Vinzenz

3. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Registered Member

I would love an x64 version of ewido (still like this name better).

4. 2badmice

Thank you for taking the time to reply, maybe "support" was the wrong word to use, probably should have used "no longer compatible with x64."

I look forward to the update as I found when 3.5 installed on my system it was the muts nuts.

5. calcu007

calcu007 Registered Member

Well, you will get the same response as Vinzenz told you they had never supported (never the programs was compatible with) 64 bit versions

Last edited: Jan 24, 2007
  6. 2badmice

I am aware that they haven't supported 64bit, I got that from the earlier post, however 3.5 worked with x64 Windows, the newer releases won't even install!

It would be beneficial even more, now that Vista has had an official release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.