Why is this happeing now?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by synapsegc, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synapsegc

synapsegc Registered Member

Im having a new issue with our acronis true image and full backup with our server.. When I try to create a new full backup of our server. It makes multiple *.tib files (IE mybackup.tib, mybackup1.tib, mybackup2.tib, mybackup3.tib...... up to 15!)
    Ive never seen this before, normally when I do a new complete backup I get 1 *.tib file and then I set a incremental schedule and then each day after I get a new *.tib file..

Really strange, the multiple *.tib files that are created look exaclty as the first with the same file size and creation date and time, although the last one in the series is a smaller file.

Please help!

:blink: o_O

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

That sounds like the multiple backup files are on a drive that is formatted Fat 32. On an NTFS drive you will get one file.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello synapsegc,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that as Ralphie suggested the possible reason is the drive backup is being saved to has FAT32 filesystem.
    Please also check the default (or schedule) backup settings described in the chapter “Archive splitting” of the respective User's Guide.

Please also note that it is always best to update Acronis software to the latest build. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Collect the logs of operation:
    - run the program;
    - select Show log on the toolbar or from the Tools menu;
    - select the log;
    - click "Save the log entry to file" (the diskette icon).

If you are saving backup to a local drive, please also create Acronis Report as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.