Why is nod32 not as known as other antivirus - software?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by eisefr, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

A question which is bothering me since I am using NOD32 is.. HOW comes NOD32 is not as known as MacAffee or Norton or some other programs?

NOD32 is (my opinion) much better than any other anti-virus program... and I used alot already! But when I adviced some people to use NOD32 instead of any other program... they all looked at me as if I would talk about something totally unknown. :)

In German computer papers eset isn't advertising as much either.. in fact.. I believe I seen only ONE advertisment of eset.

I really don't get why such a good programm is in the shade of some others.

2. meneer

meneer Registered Member

For one, it doesn't come preloaded on pc's.
    Also, Norton and MacAfee are old names in computer software. Reputation takes a while.
    Norton and MacAfee come in smart, colored, boxes in your every computer store. It takes some cash to make that happen.

Marketing has got nothing to do with quality.

3. eisefr

eisefr Registered Member

indeed! :)

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Very well said! :)

It's like, why IE is the most used web-browser? It comes built-in Microsoft Windows...

5. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Sweetheart OEM and retail-shelf deals. Scare tactic marketing. Blind-faith novice user upgrades. That explains it all.

You wouldn't want Eset to get much more successful, believe me. If they ever really started cutting into Symantec's business, they'd get bought out and we'd all get screwed by big business, as we always do.

6. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

No but good marketing helps you grow your business so you build your reputation and can afford smart, colored boxes.

7. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Unfortunately, what you are saying is correct, you simply don't find Nod32 on Retail Shelves in a pretty box, Eset have gone down the path of selling through Distributors, Resellers and word of mouth.

LOL, agreed :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.