Why is "Explore Backup Archive" asking for a password ?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by donnonm, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnonm

donnonm Registered Member

I'm trying to use the 'Explore Backup Archive' feature in the 'Tools' section of True Image 10 Home.
    I go to : Tools dropdown at top; then Explore Backup Archive. Then I select my archive file which is on my CD which is the E: drive; click on open, and get a 'password needed' box per the attached .JPG file.
    I never defined, requested or entered any passwords anywhere. Per the attached file, the program also is looking for the file on the C: drive.

Thanks in advance, Don

Attached Files:

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello donnonm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that this issue should be fixed in the latest build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. Thus, please make sure you use the latest build (4942) of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. donnonm

donnonm Registered Member

Hello Aleksandr,

Thank you for your reply. I downloaded and installed build 4942 and tried the 'Explore Backup Archive' feature with both old and new backups.

It is now looking at my CD -- E: drive and not locking up my PC anymore, but it is not finding any of the backup files.

The path is correct, but under the detail it only shows a 0 byte file named 'slice'.

Don

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello donnonm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that the "slice" item you see represents a point in time when the backup was taken (if you had differential/incremental backups as well, you would see several slices). To browse the contents just open the slice (double-click on it). Please be aware that if a backup spans over several CDs/other media, you will need to copy all parts into one folder before you can mount/explore it.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.