Why is chrome stuck on 'Downloading proxy script' ?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Osaban, Oct 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Recently I've experienced a very annoying behaviour when starting Chrome, and particularly when refreshing a webpage after having recovered the system from sleep, namely Chrome doesn't load any web page with "Downloading proxy script" message appearing in the lower left corner of the browser window (it only happens with Chrome, Internet Explorer loads normally).

After searching the Internet, a solution is indeed available as quite a number of people have experienced the same problem, I thought it might be useful to share it here:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/106010?hl=en

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Do you have Avira Web Guard running? That might be the cause. Running Chrome under Sandboxie is another possibility, especially with Avira plugins inside.

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

As I mentioned there is a remedy no matter what, but for the record, it happens even without Sandboxie and I had Avira's web guard running for almost 2 months, while I've noticed this problem two days ago...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.