Why I Love America!!!

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by hayc59, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

That was great :D ;)

3. Capp

Capp Registered Member

Very True and inspiring :D

4. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

While listening and watching what came to my mind was, "good words from Mr. America himself." Excellent. Man I wish he was still with us. :'(

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

He was a cool dude!!

Attached Files:

• uu.jpg
      uu.jpg
      File size:
      6.1 KB
      Views:
  6. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

The last response has been removed as a sarcastic/negative comment. We do not engage in political talk here in regards to conflicts etc and negativity. Celebrations such as Queens day, Singapore day, celebration of national heroes etc has always been allowed. These contain a minimum amount of politics and are not negative to anyone in any way. Let us keep our topics here along these lines.

7. slammer_JvA

slammer_JvA Registered Member

Below sea-level. Safe and sound behind our dikes:
    :oops: Mea culpa...

Though I consider sarcasm as a legitimate form of freedom of speech and/or expression, which I happen to like to use a lot as an eye-opener;

I do realise it comes with responsibility on how (frequent) to use it.

In the future I will try to be more carefull and aware of possible offensive misunderstanding of my mostly neutral remarks.
    In my naivety I tend to think I can safely start a discussion by making some sarcastic remarks; what I forget is that people might get the wrong impression that they're not respected.

So, the form (sarcasm) is destroying the purpose (having a respectful discussion/disagreement/conversation).

I fully agree with the above (from Detox) so this "naughty boy":rolleyes: promises to try even harder to behave himself...:)

R e s p e c t is a two way street...

Think before posting...:oops:

Regards,
    slam

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  8. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

Hiya Slam,

Well I am still trying to Avoid the cheese, and beware of the cows...but DO GET THE TULIPS :D

I think the "Duke" would still ride the trail with you. :-* I sure would. ;)

http://www.learnaboutmovieposters.com/newsite/HISTORY/LEGENDS/JohnWayne.asp

Quote:

"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be (blankety blank :eek: ) sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble."
    John Wayne

Last edited: May 21, 2005
  9. SexIsGood4U

SexIsGood4U Registered Member

I agree with both parties ...... :D

Just remember all. If you meet one australia (me an australian :D ) and he or she turns out to be an idiot... do you say all australians are idiots. There are bad and good people in all origins, males, females. None of us were ever meant to be god, so lets not act like gods and judge others. Regardless wrong or right !

I can get into alot of trouble if I debate on either party so....... I have no more to say .....

..... an old saying goes - "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything"

Be cool ..... sweeeeeeeet ;)

:D :cool: :D :cool:

10. little eagle

little eagle Registered Member

Thought it was nice. :) thats all :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.