Why FF is better than Chrome?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by dogbite, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

Maybe the question is too straight forward....let me articulate a bit.
    Some months ago I started using FF after many years of Chrome. Excellent broswer, high customization, basically all is fine.
    I tried it because it's open source, I like their philosophy, it's a great comminuty and also is highly used here at Wilders.
    But..and there is a but...after this period of time I installed back Chrome (actually Dragon) and now I see that I am mostly using it rather then FF.
    I do not have a specific reason of it, I simply find Chrome/Dragon most comfortable to use and more appropriate to my needs.

your views?

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Another non-AV AvsB... And the answer is almost always personal preference.

3. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Firefox is better than Chrome because I like FF better.

4. pegas

pegas Registered Member

"Why FF is better than Chrome?" ... Who said that? I certainly don't. Being a long time user of Opera (I mean good old Opera 12.xx, not the new one based on Chromium) I naturally don't agree. :D

OK seriously, all is down to user preferences and what a user expects from a browser. I for one would not use neither of the said browsers because I require not a simple browser staffed with many addons and/or extensions but rather a full feature packed browser, i.e. in-built mail client, RSS, IRC chat, download manager, torrent client, the full customization etc. Hence for me there is no other option than Opera. HOWEVER, there will be thousands out there who won't agree with me. So I respect the choice of each browser. :)

5. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I'm more a SeaMonkey type of bloke to be honest.

6. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

There are many threads about different browsers, we don't really need another one especially an A verses B one.

As J_L pointed out it's almost always down to preference.

Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.