Why doesn't "program component update" work?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by psychopomp1, Jan 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Registered Member

Hi

Was just thinking why don't ESET offer program updates when updating? There is an option called "program component update" yet ESET always release a new .msi file whenever a newer version is released. I'm confused o_O

Cheers

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

It works, but no component update has been released yet. An automatic component update will take place later.

3. tosbsas

tosbsas Registered Member

this

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module: 1102 (20080103)

and this

Antispam module: 1006 (20080103)

Ruben

4. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Registered Member

so why couldn't ESET apply program component updates to v3.0.566 instead of releasing new version 3.0.621? I can understand ESET releasing a new version when there's a significant jump eg from v3.x to v4.x but surely not for minor program updates?

5. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi !
    I think because the release of 566 to 621 is a small change , because only some of us who care more will get it and test it , because 621 still have some issues , because if they push it on the servers it is a big update and upd servers may crash and etc...

When they release a new build which will be a better one , they will find a time to load it on update servers so that all clients with v3 get it and it should be update under strict control because if all folks all over the world start downloading , it will be a big mess , I believe.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2008
  6. pmi

pmi Registered Member

In other words , we are still in beta phase, even if the final version was released a long time ago.

7. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

It seems that almost everything that we buy is still in a sort of beta phase at that point. And we get patch after patch to heal problems. And we pay a load of money.... Strange situation when you think about it.

8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

No program is 100% perfect and never will be. Fixing problems and adding new features is a neverending process. Having said that, I'll draw this thread to a close.

PS: If only my Windows was bugfree since I installed it I would never had problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.