Why does TI8 keep rebooting when trying to backup?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Alnmurray, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alnmurray

Alnmurray Registered Member

I have TI8, build 796, PC: Win XP SP2, Compaq Presario SR1215CL, Product# PJ506AA, with 3 hard drives. :D

2 - 250 GB Maxtor DiamondMax drives with one using an additional Ultra ATA/133 Card, the other 250 GB Maxtor DiamondMax drive that's attached to the mother board along with the original system installed 110 GB Samsung drive, and 1 CD-DVD drive. :cool:

When I initally installed TI8, I was able to make a backup to DVD & I also was able to create a secure zone. After making a few back-up to the hard drive & DVD. I started having problems. The PC would not boot up (it would just hang at the splash screen). I'd removed the additonal drives so I would have the basis system back. I rebooted, and it would just sit at the second Win XP screen that is displayed. I've used the bootable rescue disk to restore the first image from DVD. I can now get the PC to boot up normally however, I can no longer get TI8 to work to create a image. :mad:

If I try to use TI8 to make an image it will cause the PC to reboot when I get to the screen that displays, if I want to make a full backup or and incremental. That screen just displays for a sec or two before rebooting. :mad:

Funny thing, I can use the backup rescue CD to make a backups. However, it will only let me backup to a cd. I do have the first part of Nero Demo, ver 6.6.0.5, installed which works. That is how I made my first back-up to DVD. :blink:

If I try to uninstall from the Control Panel - Add-remove or from the Start - programs menu, when I click on TI8 or change/remove the PC reboots. If I rerun TI8 to un-install it will un-install the program. I've even tried to Repair/Upgrade in the setup & that still does not work. I've un-installed/ re-install, ran a registry Vacuum. I even done a Full System recovery using Compaq recovery disk & that did not work either.
    After trying all of the above nothing works. :'(

Any suggestions on getting TI8 to work from my HD? o_O
    Is there a seperate program for Nero's INCD4 ? o_O

2. Alnmurray

Alnmurray Registered Member

[MOVE]Ok, I had to figure this one out by myself, to bad it took 2 days.[/MOVE]
    I un-installed TI8, I then removed the SATA card, put 1 - 250gb drive on the 2nd port.
    Rebooted, all drives works find. :)
    I then installed TI8, :eek: but I did not install it in the default directory. o_O
    Rebooted and TI8 works as it should without rebooting. :D

What caused the original problem?
    1. Is it possible the Maxtor SATA card does not work well with TI8 ? :doubt:
    I'll be putting the SATA card back in when I have a few hours to kill.
    2. Is there something corrupt in the default install directory or registry that is not removed when I do an un-install?

Why can I not store a image directly to the DVD drive, TI8 always request a CD? o_O

3. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.