Why does Libreoffice look different on different PCs?

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Iangh, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

I'm running Libreoffice on two laptops with Kubuntu installed: Lenovo Ideapad 320S and Asus Notebook X207N. Both PCs have the same settings, yet the presentation of Libreoffice is different. Mine is on top and looks great. Wife's looks naff. What's the reason for this?

Screenshot_20190328_081845.png Screenshot_20190328_081737.png

2. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

Solved it by going into Options, Personalisation and chose a theme. For some reason mine looks OK without choosing a theme. Hopefully the Pink theme will score me brownie points with the wife.:)

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

The lower image reminds me of instances where LibreOffice isn't "integrated" into the system. In Kubuntu 18.04, with the latest update of LibO to 6.2.2, when I look in Help > About, I see VCL: kde5.

Also, when I run apt list --installed | grep -i libreoffice, I see two packages in the output that may help LibO "integrate" (and look) better in Kubuntu: libreoffice-qt5 and libreoffice-kde5.

4. shmu26

shmu26 Registered Member

As mentioned by others, different repositories will install different versions of LibreOffice, and all of them could be different from a brand-new version being offered on the website.
    A month or two ago, I fresh installed Ubuntu, and the default LibreOffice was significantly different -- also in GUI -- from the version being offered for download on the LibreOffice website.

5. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

You will also see differences if you change font anti-aliasing settings (system vs enabled/hinting/color).
    Mrk

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.