Why does ESET not want to help me ??

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by StoneDog, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StoneDog

StoneDog Registered Member

First - apologies to all of ye "unsuspecting" forum users stumbling on to this one .... but this is my last cry for help as I believe I've exhausted all other avenues :oops:

I've been using ESET ESS for a number of years and and quite happy with the product - however on my last renewal my local ESET reseller simply renewed my 2 licenses from the order date and not from the expiration date of the previous licenses ....
    No sweat I thought - I wrote to their support email address several times but NO LUCK !
    Then I wrote to ESET support - no reply for a couple of weeks .... after a gently reminder they just replied back " Your case has been forwarded to our local sales rep so that they may further assist you in this matter."

Now - what is this ??
    I stated that this was the reason for contacting ESET support in the first place :blink:

But I wanted to play it nice - waited a couple of weeks ... no joy. Then wrote back requesting an update .. again no joy after 2 weeks time :'(

So here I am ... my last resort: ESET - why do you "steal" a whole month from my license (that I have purchased and paid for) - and totally ignore my pleas for help o_O

//Stone

2. zamendo

zamendo Eset Staff

Hello Stone,
    I'm sorry to read you got no reply after that long time ! AFAIK that can't normally happen, we will be happy to find out where it is and why it did not get to any support person.
    Do you have the support case number which was created for your ticket?
    Thank you :)

3. StoneDog

Hi zamendo,

yes - it is Case #452135 .....
    If you need the emails that have gone back and forth please let me know ....

Cheers,
    Stone

4. zamendo

zamendo Eset Staff

Hi Stone,
    I found it, yes it is as you said- we apologize, it seems it was by accident forwarded from overseas to a person who is currently on "vacation" - ill.
    I'm going to notify the right person, you should be updated through the case soon.
    Thank you again !

5. janchi

janchi Registered Member

Hello Stone

Sorry for this delay but your support request post arrived to us just now. We are taking care of fixing this problem with your licence. Apology for that.

Your support request was not found in our database at all, so I can't verify where did you send it. Anyway, your licence was fixed with correct expiry date plus extra as a apology for this mistake. Your software should show the new expiry date within 24 hours.

PS: for a future reference post your customer support enquiry to a support center in your country, to achieve the fastest response.

Regards

J.

6. StoneDog

Hi zamendo & janchi,

first - thanks a mill .... all OK now :D

@janchi: The whole reason for posting this to ESET directly was that I tried the local support (of the reseller) in my country - which despite numerous tries never even batted an eyelid ;)

Anyways - thanks for the quick resolution :thumb:

Cheers,
    Stone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.